New Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences!
I am very pleased that Penn has finally made a right decision after years of disappointing me: the appointment of Professor Dennis M. DeTurck, Ph.D., Evan C. Thompson Professor in Excellence of Teaching and Professor of Mathematics, to be our next Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.Dr. D. and I have known each other since my sophomore year, when I took his class on engineering calculus. He is a most wonderful classroom teacher and a trustworthy counselor & mentor to his students: young men and women in their formation years. Many a time I have turned to him for his wise counsel and kind help, during my most sorrowful days, and he has never disappointed me.
It was thus with great joy that I received the news of his appointment. I am sure he will be a great leader of the College!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home