Sunday, December 05, 2004

D. Elton Trueblood

Professor David Elton Trueblood is one of my favorite religious writers. Descendent of a long line of Quakers and abolisionists, Trueblood represents the best Orthodox (Gurneyite) Quakerism has to offer to Christendom and the world. Among his more than thirty books (he was one of the best-selling devotional writers from mid-40s to early 70s), I have read The People Called Quakers and I'm currently reading The Trustworthiness of Religious Experience. Other books I'm looking forward to include The Yoke of Christ and The Humor of Christ.

A highly popular religious speaker and minister of Christ, Professor Trueblood was also a personal friend of Presidents Eisenhower and Nixon, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Rev. Billy Graham. Hoosier, Quaker and Eisenhower-Republican, he was a true heartland American.

Here's a link to a detailed biographical piece:
http://www.waynet.org/people/biography/trueblood.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home