Friday, December 17, 2004

The finals are over!!

I have so happy that the finals are finally over! It has been a very stressful semester for me, for I have on one hand been torturing by my own conscience regarding many of my past errors, and on the other hand somewhat tormented by a very difficult mathematical analysis course taught by an ingenius and demanding professor.

I think one reason why I keep on being bothered by my sinful past is my own self-centeredness. It is now time for me to stop condemning and blaming myself, and start caring about others. I wish to quote the character of St. Clare in the movie Brother Sun Sister Moon (1971):

I want to live like you (meaning St. Francis). I am not seeking to be understood, I want to understand; I am not asking to be loved, I want to love; Where there is sorrow, please, please, help me find joy!

I am not seeking to be loved, I want to love! What a great line! From what I know about St. Clare, I also have to excalaim, "What a saint in the Lord!" In New Testament, all true believers are called saints by the Apostles, and it is my humble opinion that the poor man of Assisi St. Francis and his spiritual companion St. Clare are true saints of Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home