Dinner club
Last night I went with a group of law school buddies to watch the Solomon Amendment debate, and we had dinner together afterwards at Cambridge Commons. I think we should perhaps make this dinner thing (which has been going on between Ben and I for several weeks, with different other people joining us each time) a weekly event. Having a close group of buddies who could exchange ideas is always good.In the meantime, I also met some very interesting people in school. On Thuesday morning, after working out with Andy, we went to Harkness Commons for breakfast. There we met Prof. Weimin Zuo, a professor of law from Sichuan University School of Law who's currently a visiting scholar at Harvard. We had breakfast together, and Prof. Zuo mentioned to us how he will be delivering a paper on criminal procedure and judicial process in China this November. I'm definitely looking forward to that. This is very interesting.
Last but by no means the least, I met my former political science TA at Penn, Yanbo Wang, who's since then transferred to MIT Sloan School to pursue a Ph.D. in international management, at the Harvard Coop. I'm thinking how the two of us and Andy should get together maybe next Thursday for dinner. A former Penn kid, Andy went to his recitation session too...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home