Saturday, September 24, 2005

Commercial ads

I saw some commercial ads posted as comments under my entries in recent weeks. I want to clarify that although this is a quasi-public journal, it is dedicated to some kind of purpose, namely, the inquiry of the phenomenon of our species ("the phenomenon of man," to quote from Teilhard de Chardin.) Any comment unrelated to the articles or which does not serve the purpose of this journal will be deleted permanently. Thanks.

3 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Chin Shih Tang said...

I'm with you all the way on this one. Check out my blog if you will, chinshihtang.blogspot.com

I found your site by Googling the combination of "Bushite" + "stoner".

As with your site, I'm using the method to find my voice, express my real feelings. It's nice when someone visits, though.

P.S. You could put a new feature into your site--it requires comment posters to type in a few displayed letters, so as to remove automated spam comments. It's under "Settings"

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger James Chang said...

Thanks. It's funny that you should find my blog that way. I don't even remember calling Bush a stoner even though I'm almost positive he was at one time :)

Thanks for the recommendations by the way. I'll definitely check it out together with your blog.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Trevor said...

I think they're left by bots. That's why turning on word verification stops most of it - and will until someone writes a more robust text-recognition algorithm that they don't mind giving away to spammers. Or someone steals one. Either way, it helps. Certainly helped me than a variety of ever-more exotic threats did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home