Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Visit to Maine and Vermont

I'll be away this Sunday to visit some Friends in Auburn, Maine and South Starksboro, Vermont. This should be a very rewarding experience, since it's the first time I'm going to set foot on this part of the Nation, northern New England.

New England, Massachusetts included, is famous for its autumn leaves. Many actually drive here every year just to look at those leaves, which I was told make quite a stunning sight. Right now it's probably a bit too early, though I've already seen maple leaves scattered along the jogging trail around Fresh Pond the other day.

In the meantime, I've also signed up to be a subciter for the International Law Journal. Hopefully I'll get to subcite Prof. Benjamin Liebman's work on libel and defamation laws in China. Liebman, an associate professor of law at Columbia, is a very accomplished scholar in Chinese legal studies, and the director of the Center for Chinese Legal Studies at Columbia. Many of his original sources are in Chinese, so hopefully I could help a little in this editing process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home