End of semester
We are finally approaching the end of the semester. In the meantime, my "modern" political theory class finally moves into the modern era: we finally had a chance to read J.J. Rousseau, Karl Marx and Arthur Schopenhauer. Very interesting works. I am very much intrigued by Schopenhauer's almost Platonic notion of religion as means of social control. In this respect it also brought to mind Rousseau's idea of a civic religion (last chapter of his magnum opus "The Social Contract.")Math is also going well. I'm going to present a proof for Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle in Dean DeTurck's class some time next week. As for Dr. Crotty's class on Ordinary Differential Equations, my buddy Brian and I are going to present something on the Schrodinger Equation. Interesting. I know nothing about physics yet I'm doing all these presentation on twentieth-century theoretical physics...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home