Thursday, January 13, 2005

Socialism

Here's a quote I found in a Quaker webgroup, it's very interesting:

"While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people putting
their gifts into the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and
dropped in two pennies.
'I assure you,' he said, 'this poor widow has given more than all the
rest of them. For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but
she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.'"

- Luke 21:1

FROM EACH ACCORDING TO HIS MEANS…

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"And all the believers met together constantly and shared everything
they had. They sold their possessions and shared the proceeds with
those in need."

- Acts 2:44

…TO EACH ACCORDING TO HIS NEEDS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SOCIALISM IS A CHRISTIAN VALUE.

1 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger James Chang said...

Well, I didn't exactly endorse the said comment. I only thought that it's interesting, so I copied it from a Quaker yahoo group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home