Sunday, October 23, 2005

Church of the Advent again

I went to worship at the Anglo-Catholic Church of the Advent today again, and had brunch afterwards with my new friend and long-time parishioner John and some other parishioners. It was a good experience. I've been a big fan of hymn (hymn, mind you, not songs) singing for quite a while, and especially loved the 17th-19th century hymns they use. The theology and liturgy are both quite Catholic, though strangely enough I've always found Quaker faith and practice to be more Catholic than Protestant in nature and consequently I'm quite at home in either a Roman Catholic or High Church Anglican congregation.

So much about my love for God, Christ and J.S. Bach. Here's something really troubling. I don't know whether to cry or laugh. It's perverse, yet it's perverse in a bizarre and borderline-comic way. I shouldn't have called it comic, since it's a tragic situation, but every now and then you get something tragic that is at the same time hilarious...
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1231684&page=1
(about 13 y.o. twin sisters singing white-supremacist propaganda songs...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home