Saturday, March 04, 2006

Lee Kuan Yew on race and ethnicity

By today's standard Lee Kuan Yew, "Minister Mentor" (read Super Prime Minister) of Singapore is definitely the last unabashed old-time racist politician.

Here're some pearls of his wisdom on race and ethnicity. Notice how he arranged 'races' into a nicely-structed hierarchy, with Ashkenazi Jews on top and "Malays"/"Negroes"/and all other lazy brown-skinned tropical peoples at the bottom...

http://www.sfdonline.org/Link%20Pages/Link%20Folders/Human%20Rights/barr2.html

The curious thing of course is that Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir apparently shared Lee's racist views on his own people. Apparently he even wrote a polemic in the early 70s denouncing the alleged laziness of the "average Malay."

I wonder whether Trent Lott is secrely envying Lee's position. It's unlikely that Lott's ever gonna have a chance to deliver a 4-hour speech to Congress saying, "
I understand the Englishman. He knows deep in his heart that he is superior to the Welshman and the Scotsman.... [Down] here [in Mississippi], I am a [White Man]."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home