Sunday, January 22, 2006

End of Debate

Instead of "end of history," I would like to discuss a little bit about "end of debate." I feel that in my correspondence with Naturalists of various stripes I have gradually lost sight of the possibility that these people, being rational and human, should be persuaded and not just written off. In a way, I have failed to remind myself of my Quaker roots, and speak to that of God in them. But there is one problem though. When I was in Arch Street Meeting, a Friend used to tell me how, even after being a Friend for 30-odd years, he was still convinced that there are those who had extinguished the Light of Christ within them. Now this involved the judging of someone's spiritual state, something I do not want to engage in. So I think I should just stop my discussion about Richard Dawkins and his narrow-minded doctrines right here, and refrain from any further bickering with his followers.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Gert said...

The above comment was deleted by myself, because it was linked to the wrong post. Apologies.

You'll find the intended comment at a post below.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home