Sleight of hand of my opponent
The British gentleman performed a further sleight of hand in his angry diatribe against my denunciation of Richard Dawkins. He noted how I am anti-atheist.Oh really?
Ha. In my original post I used the term "Naturalist" and "Vulgar/Mechanical Materialist" to describe Dawkins, the former being the most vulgar subset of the latter group of people. On the other hand, an atheist may or may not be a Naturalist. Clearly neither Marx, Fromm, Schaff or Leo Strauss was Naturalist in their philosophic outlook.
See these people are trying to portray whoever dare to raise a finger against Dawkins' tyranny in the academia as nutty religious fundamentalist. Alas I am not one, and I certainly anticipate to find allies amongst atheist in our battle against the Dawkinsian onslaught on human dignity.

1 Comments:
So, a very long toe indeed it was then. You've now dedicated two entire posts to my initial comment, without once referring to who I was, linking to the post that triggered the comment or providing quotes to what I actually wrote. Instead you've actually made up text to make you look "clever" (see my comment on your previous post).
Now you resort to:
"The British gentleman performed a further sleight of hand in his angry diatribe against my denunciation of Richard Dawkins. He noted how I am anti-atheist."
Where did I write, imply or "note" that you're an anti-atheist? Although from your unnecessary reactions I'm now distinctly getting that feeling (feel free). "Dawkinsianism" (as you call it) clearly has gotten up your nose. Good. I suppose that constitutes an "angry diatribe", does it?
It would be fair to somehow substantiate your musings regarding my assertions, for the benefit of all two of your readers.
From your text:
"Alas I am not one [an anti-atheist], and I certainly anticipate to find allies amongst atheist in our battle against the Dawkinsian onslaught on human dignity."
"...the "Dawkinsian" onslaught on human dignity..." Can you hear yourself? Or is it just God...
Post a Comment
<< Home