Friday, May 13, 2005

English

This is so funny...I just took a test on what kind of American English I speak. Technically speaking, I speak a hybrid form of Enligh that has its roots in both British and American English, and I found the results to be quite amusing. Here's it:

Your Linguistic Profile:
50% General American English
40% Yankee
5% Dixie
5% Upper Midwestern
0% Midwestern

http://www.blogthings.com/amenglishdialecttest/

3 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger James Chang said...

Oh yes, yes, but the other polls on the website are pretty well-conceived too, and they're fairly accurate...

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger James Chang said...

Oh yes, yes, but the other polls on the website are pretty well-conceived too, and they're fairly accurate...

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger James Chang said...

I think so. Mid-western English is affected by German and other Nordic tongues (almost all Minnesota governors until recently were of German/Norwegian/Swedish descent...) Southern English is kind of different. Geographic isolation I suppose. In general Yankee English & "standard" American English is the closest to British English

 

Post a Comment

<< Home